Actions to achieving Consumer Focus Outcomes
NEEDS: Services provided meet the needs of the consumer
Policy, approaches and expectations that raise the profile of the work of kaiāwhina across the spectrum of health and disability settings are put in place.
At all levels of the system, kaiāwhina are treated with respect and their skills and contribution to the total health and disability service team is acknowledged in practical ways, including, but not limited to, through inclusion, employment conditions and the language used.
Roles and competencies of kaiāwhina are clarified and articulated.
Consumer Focus Principles:
- The relationship between Kaiāwhina and the consumer and family/whānau is based on trust and transparency
- Consumer choice is supported through systems that are enabling.
- Services support consumers and family/whānau to develop self-management skills.
- The Kaiāwhina workforce understands and recognises the impact of stigma and discrimination on the consumer/s they work with and their families/whānau, including self-stigma.
- Diversity and the cultural values and beliefs of consumers and their family and whānau are respected
View ACTIONS in other Domains – Choose the Domain, to view Actions